Question

askme3012

Apply for Barclays Arrival World Mastercard or NOT?
Hi all!! I am in a dilema about whether or not apply for Barclays Arrival World Mastercard.

While my scores are good CK 728, TU 728, EX 727, EQ 719 , in their form they have a question :

Are you a US Citizen? If no your nationality? and at the bottom, in the fine print its says:

By pressing APPLY I certify that:
I am at least 18 years old and a permanent resident of the United States.

I called the application department and they said it should be fine. Has anybody had a similar experience? Has anybody been approved for this card who was not a US citizen when he applied?

Please let me know. I already have US bank $800 and Discover IT for $3K and after 1 more card like this i wish to start gardening for some time.

Most Helpful Response

Regarding Barclay Arrival Mastercard

I am a US citizen and applied for this card about 3 months ago. I had a credit score of about 720 (according to Credit Karma) and got accepted with a 4k limit. I called immediately afterwords and asked for a bump up but they said their limit was comparable to my other cc limits, which is true. My other highest card was 4k as well. So expect a conservative limit if you get accepted. 

There are two versions of this card. One is a free version but has less benifits. The other, the "premium" card has an annual fee, but this fee is waved the first year. The card has the great benifit of getting $400 worth of miles if you spend $1000 in the first 3 months. Good luck. 

askme3012

congrats for your card. anybody preferably a non-US citizen had a different experience? The reason why I am asking is because I dont want to waste my enquiry just to get a result " Declined . Reason : NOT a US citizen.