Question

jshute

Apparently my Best Buy account was transferred from Capital One to CitiBank.
I had to go re-register with their site. Now it appears that that account was closed, and it has dropped my credit score by 20 points. What gives? The account was transferred (not by me) and was in very good standing. Why would it be listed as closed? And how can I get my credit report corrected to show what actually happened?

Most Helpful Response

Best Buy transferred to Citi

20 pts. lower is not a "blip." Has anyone obtained a resolve with their credit score in regard to the transfer of Best Buy cards from Cap. one to Citibank???  Have not received any direction as to how to rectify this.  Very frustrating, especially since it doesn't have anything to do with what I may have done, and yet we the customer has had to bare the responsibility?!?  Thank you.

There have been several recent questions about BestBuy changing their consumer credit partner. Unfortunately when you loan is transferred it's technically closed by that institution. You still retain the history on your report for 7 years and if you were up to date then it should be listed as "Paid as agreed". So while there might be a small blip due to the account closing, you shouldn't be hit too badly because you still have the same number of accounts and the same amount of credit available.