Question

Mstina1982

Apartment question
I have a apartment collection acct on my credit report. The apt states that I owe $1000 for carpet damage. However when I was living in the apartment the air conditioner unit would leak and flood out the entire apartment. I would file a report with the apartment manager too have maintenance come fix it which they did but instead of putting new carpet down they would bring floor fans too dry the carpet. I eventually moved out. Now they sending me a collection notice. When I went back too the apartment I learned they had been bought out and under new management what do I do because I dont think I should have too pay for their nasty carpet due too their air conditioner being old and rusty

If the time hasn't expired to do so, you might consider taking the first company to court, however you will have money tied up in doing that, so would it be worth it? Maybe not. You could speak to an attorney that handles civil cases to see what they say.