Question

IHateEquifax

Anyone paid the $18.00 month extortion fee from Equifax?
Ongoing dispute through Equifax for almost a year now month after month concerning an erroneous collection through Comcast ( Their contractor did not key my equipment in that he picked up for return - years later I have a collection from Stellar recovery about it. I contact comcast and they track the box down still in operation in their network. I get confirmation number from them and the fun begins…. )

Last week I received my “We have your account in our office and if we don't hear from you in 30 days we will assume it's valid “ ( A letter I NEVER recieved from Stellar recovery )....
So I dispute it, results pending……..

That is NOT the reason I am posting this…….

THIS IS….

I dispute the collection account from Stellar recovery that is STILL on Equifax ( Every other agency removed it after my 1st dispute ).....Sending in a copy of the letter from the new agency, for proof that someone else has it…. ( And yes I am disputing this as well ) and Samir ( Im assuming that was his name I cant recall ) from Equifax customer service whom I just got off the phone with...towards the end of our call, he tries to “Sell me” some Equifax account monitoring services hoopla for $17.95 a month…….
( Ill let that simmer for a moment) …
I then ask him, and I am quoting myself here
“ So, you are telling me if I paid for this service, the account would have been removed a long time ago?”

“Yes sir that is what I am telling you…...”

E -xtortion - QUIFAX