Question

No1Innocent

Anyone out there know how to get a home loan with poor credit?
I know what I need to do to fix my credit, and am working on it, however, I found a property that is very unique, and if there is a way to buy it, I would hate to loose the opportunity

Most Helpful Response

Few options here...

How poor is your credit? Poor credit equals having to have a large downpayment (20% or more) and a decent income because your interest rates will be higher if you get approved and for every $100,000 borrowed, every +1% interest charged over market rates = +$100/month more on your monthly payments. That adds up quickly. If you do not have optimal credit, (Vantage Score of 900 or more)(FICO score of 750 or more), you will have higher payments.

Vantage Scores 501 - 990

901 - 990 = Super Prime (Grade A)

801 - 900 = Prime Plus (B)

701 - 800 = Prime (C)

601 - 700 = Non Prime (D)

501 - 600 = High Risk (F)

A lot of lenders are checking Vantage Scores more often now because that score is all about your last 24 months of activity. They check it along with a FICO score.