Question

RetiredFireGuy

Anyone know specifically what goes into a MORTGAGE FICO?
Everyone knows there are different FICO scores, but I cant find much of anything specific about the mortgage score....
I have a 735 FICO (verified on several cc monthly statments) yes when I just applied for a new home mortgage the MORTGAGE FICO came back at 686.... Id like to figure out why there is a 60 point difference.

I have one current owner occupied home mortgage, 4 previous closed mortgages and I have NEVER had a mortgage payment late.

On the other hand, I did have a couple lates on credit cards 3 years ago, not trouble paying just an oversight on paying.

So, logically you would think my generic FICO would be lower than my mortgage score, right?

Does anyone have any real, accurate info on the factors used for FICO MORTGAGE vs. FICO 8.0?

Not all =

Unfortunatly unless you work for the specific lender you applied to there is no one that can tell you. Not only can they use a standard FICO for mortgage but they can use their own modified one.  I just applied for a 2nd mortgage and cash out refi to see which ones would be better.  PNC said I had 786, ELend said I had 764 both were FICO's....... So I am not sure you will even know unless you were in the industry and working for that exact lender.  744 here using the vantage is my score, so many points different across the board even when just dealing with mortgages.