Question

cvicious85

Anyone know how to begin removing things off your credit report?
Hi everyone I saw that I have 5 open collections on my account and I cannot even click on them to see contact info. For example, I have a $120 charge from DCO/FN 33 and not sure how to get that off my account. Could someone please help me, thanks.

Most Helpful Response

Read the articles on the left side of this page so you can learn how tocheck all three credit reports and file disputes on any WRONG information.  This site is to educate people on how to build and maintain good credit.  Please use it for your benefit.

cvicious85

After searching I found it and pulled all my credit reports. I disputed some I thought were not valid so I hope it goes well. Any other tips in raising my credit score? I applied for and got approved for the Capital One secured card so hopefully I am going into the right direction. I really want to work on doing anything to improve my score.

I tried looking but couldnt find how to

Wat is DCO/FN 33? It won't let me click on it to see a description or anything. Where could I get a credit report? Just see the score from Karma. Thanks. 

Recon with Transunion update...

So today I took the advice of another poster and started pulling all of my credit reports with the different bureaus. I did see some things in which I thought shouldn't be mine and I questioned then disputed them. The lady I spoke with even found possible mistakes that Sallie Mae could have made which would help me tremendously. She said the disputing parties have 30 days to comply or the items get automatically deleted off of my account. So part two of my recon will occur later this month when I call back and check the results. Does anyone give me any hope of being successful? Thanks everyone...