Question

jdzurn

Anybody have any advice?
Two of my biggest hits in my collections report are for hospital bills resulting from a workmans comp case that somehow got tacked to my social. Ive tried contacting the hospital but they wont call me back ever. Ive reported it as inaccurate to the credit bureaus but I dont know what else to do. Anybody have any advice?

Are the hospital bills actually yours? If they are, was workers comp supposed to cover them? If you don't think that the bills are your responsibility or the bills are not yours period, I would suggest contacting an attorney to help you with this. Look for FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act) law firms as they may be the best to help you. If you feel that you are truly on the hook for these bills, do some reading on "pay for delete agreements" and also "how to remove collections with HIPPA" as there is supposed to be some loophole there that you can use.