Question

lakal05x

Any reasons for getting denied for Citi Student Preferred card?
My mother has just added me to her card as a user to help me start building credit, well today i applied online for the Citi Student Preferred card and got denied. I thought students all got approved for such a card due to the main reason is to help establish credit. So would there be any reason i would have gotten denied? I work part time about 25 hours a week and i put it down so i do not understand. I start college soon so thats why I'm stressing.

You can call them and ask the reasons that you were denied. You could also ask for reconsideration (just don't let them do another hard inquiry). If you prefer to wait, they will send you a letter stating the reasons for denial.