Question

austinou88

Any chance of me getting approved for a home equity loan?
So I'd like to take out a Home Equity Loan for $10,000 for some Home Improvements. I have a good Credit Score, and little debt. t I have a Personal Loan of $7,000 which i make payments of $186.00 a month, and then my mortgage which is $459.00 a month. I make about $2,300 a month. I want to go through my Credit Union since they have a good Home Equity Loan Rate/Program.
Would I have a chance at being able to get approved for that?

Most Helpful Response

Debt to income ratio utilizes your gross monthly income and you've given net. With those figures your ratio is at 28%, and figuring it with gross income would be even less. Most mortgage lending requires a minimum of a 620 score, and you're above that if you truly have a "good" credit score. Keep in mind mortgage interest is deductible on your federal tax return. Off hand I would say you're good to go.

As a side note, anytime you're paying interest is wasted money as on your personal loan.

austinou88

Thanks so much! I got accepted, so appreciate the help!

Paycheck

Sorry, my Net Pay is $2,300 a month.