Question

keekz87

An unknown collection w/ Verizon
I have a collection from verizon that says i owe them over 800 dollars as of feb 2016. I never opened up an account with Verizon for ANYTHING last year. This is one out of two major things in my collections and it is stopping me from having good credit. I love credit karma and thanks to their wonderful dispute feature i just got a 2,000 dollar bill removed off my account from sprint that was not mine and it boosted my credit score 84 points. But when i disputed verizon it says it " meets fcra requirements??" I would like to know how if i dldnt even have an account with them nor ever? Please help. Should i contact the collection agency directly and if so what should i say?? I am trying to move out of state soon and do not want anything negative on my credit report

An unknown collection w/ Verizon

Why go to the credit collector - they don't care one bit and are not going to believe you.   Go straight to Verizon - make them show you how and why you owe them - seek proof - and if needed - contact a lawyer and sue if they don't remove it.

Next Freeze your credit as it sounds like you have had your identy stolen - and folks are opening accounts in your name.