Question

Italia411

American Honda Financial loan question
So I went to the American Honda Finance website applied for pre approved financing and was pre approved for a lease up to 25k with 7k down for my trade in. Now it says bring the approval certificate and application into the Honda dealership. I have had 2 loans through AHF in the past the first with my mother co signing a lease and the second was me buying out the lease on my own. I paid off both. Since then I filed bankruptcy due to massive medical bills this year to avoid garnishment. My credit is really not that great. I noticed the application I am to bring in is partially filled out and it asks if I ever filed bankruptcy. When I check yes will they suddenly change their mind or am I approved due to preapproval since AHF is the bank who handles their own leases? I'm confused and really don't know what to do and don't want to be embarrassed. Thanks for the advice in advance!

It depends on how old the bankruptcy is.  If it has been discharged over 2 years ago, you're probably OK.  If it is more recent, then I'm not so sure.  In the end it is up to the potential lender whether or not it is a problem.  You'll just have to bite the bullet and take the form to them and see what they say.