Question

iamaroberson

American Express Scores
Credit Scores; I would like to know the appropriate score for applying to What are the scores needed to apply for an American Express? Any Card.. I have been looking around for a while and continue to go back to this card as I am an avid traveler. The points look great and the perks are amazing. Pros/Cons?

Probably a high 600 score minimum, but it will depend which card you apply for. The Blue Cash cards and Everyday cards may require a 720 or above. 

lindascan

I was recently approved with a Credit Karma  score of 701 Transunion/718 Equifax.  Amex runs Experian, and when I checked my Experian FICO score after opening the account, my score was actually 667.  I only received a $2000 credit line initially, but got the lowest ongoing APR they offer.  Credit line increased to $3000 60 days after opening the account.  CK showed my approval odds as Very Good, and I used the Amex precreening tool also before applying.  Hope this helps.