Question

Rioteer

American Express
Hello. My score is 631, and I am wondering, since I already have a JCPEnny card and a Visa Secured Bank Card, that it would be a good idea to apply for an American Express from Costco, because I really would like to have one but at the same time I do not want to impact my credit at all. Thanks.

Most Helpful Response

It's a very good card, but your score is near the bottom range for acceptance. In your shoes, I'd do a little more credit building before applying -- though of course they look at a lot of factors besides our scores.

You will impact your credit score if you apply. Just the hard inquiry alone will take off a few points. Of course, if you're approved, it will help your credit in the long run. If you're not approved, you'll have dinged your score for nothing.