Question

Posted in Banking

zobie59

am on a fixed income
Ok I am on a fixed income.and when I apply for a mortage loan they want your gross income so they can figure out what you have after taxex. One loan officer told me to add 25% to my gross dont know what to do dont want to get in trouble
Thank You
Steven J Polito

Most Helpful Response

I like your honesty!

Anytime a loan officer tells you to add something on to your income when filling out a loan application, I'd be looking somewhere else.  Telling people to lie on forms doesn't show good integrity.

You could put down after the amount (gross&net) and, if they don't get the picture, they aren't too bright.  I'm on a fixed income, too, and haven't had such a problem, but it might depend on where you live.  Hope you are able to find a loan officer who is honest and will work WITH you on this.