Question

Mskrneal

Am I too soon after Chapter 7?

While the CH 7 stays on your credit file for 10 years, you will be able to start rebuilding your credit soon after it is discharged. Simply saying it kills your credit score for 10 years is not entirely accurate, and can be misleading and detrimental to your efforts to rebuild. You will see the ability to improve your score within a couple of years after the discharge date. Start with a secured card as soon as you can. I share this info from personal experience. I have purchased two new vehicles post Ch7 without a punitive rate and in the process of obtaining a mortgage. My discharge was 5 1/2 years ago. It stings for the first couple of years pretty badly but soon becomes less damaging. I hope this helps better than a reply that didnt really give you an answer.

Yes, since filing under Chapter 7 kills your credit score for ten years.