Question

nDEPth

am i still in default if my wages are garnished for over 1 year?
I was in default of student loans. Now, for about a year and a half my wages have been garnished. I work as a photo specialist at Walgreens. The store I work at is closeing down. The store I'm going to wont offer many hours. I want to apply for Pharm Tech. But a defualt can effect my license. Am i still in default?

If these are Federal loans, then go to this website:  www.nslds.ed.gov, put in your information and they will give you info on the status of your loans.  You can also see if you can consolidate them into an income based program by going to www.studentloans.gov and click on either "consolidation application" or "income-based repayment request".  Good luck!