Question

alexban

am I responsible for my wife's medical bills?
So me and my wife are separated. She lives in utah and I live in Oregon we've been separated for three years now and I see on my report an account in collection from a gynecologist from 2012 and it's from her. Even though I was in Oregon at the time and this happened in utah am I responsible for it? Can I dispute the account?

Generally speaking, if you are not LEGALLY separated (court order or divorce), there is a possibility you could be held liable.  You would not be responsible if you are divorced.  If you are legally separated, you may want to check your separation agreement to see if it states anything specifically regarding medical care.