Question

ejm94

Already paid collections -- How to ask for deletion??
I recently paid off an entire credit card debt that had gone into collections.

I now see letters that request to pay an extra amount in exchange for a deletion, suggested to send to the agency before setting up a payment arrangement. Is there anyway I can send a similar letter now that the payment is settled? Does anyone have an original or link to a sample letter I could use for that purpose?

I do have one other account that is valid -- can I use the PFD letter I've seen on this account? Does anyone have any resources that explain what letters I can use/to send to whom/what deadlines apply?

Any help would be appreciated -- thank you!

Sorry, it must stay.

The Fair Credit Reporting Act is a federal regulatioin that requires all credit transactions remain on the credit report for up to 7 years from the date of last activity (payment).  The collection account is part of your credit history that MUST remain until the required drop-off time.  There is no provision for faster removal.