Question

MelMik1342

All of my bad credit are medical bills 11 Bills, fighting! Can I win Or should I just pay somehow?
I have 11 bills from same doctors office that went to collections....I had health insurance so I never thought I was being billed for what I was paying for. Now these 11 bills from 8$-2k$, are killing my credit. Do I keep fighting it's been 2years...or do I just start paying somehow? Thank you

Did you consult with an attorney about this? It may be too late to do that now, but it may not hurt to run your issues by a lawyer and see what they have to say. If you determine that you are on the hook, which you probably are since so much time has lapsed (but double check to be sure) you should start with the smaller collections and try to get them removed with "pay for delete agreements", so do some reading on those. I wouldn't advise setting up any type of payment plans as that really will not do anything for you in the short term and can drag out the time frame that you can be sued for the debts. Do some reading on "statute of limitations" in your state to be sued for medical debt. Understand that the seven year reporting time period is separate of the "sol" and the reporting period cannot be extended by anything. Whatever you cannot afford to pay, you will just have to let it age off and hope that you don't get sued for it in the meantime.