Question

javsj

All accounts closed;one shows in report. why after bankruptcy? Thought all closed w/ none available
Report shows I have one account with credit available. At bankruptcy I was under the impression that ALL accounts were closed and would show zero available credit.

Most Helpful Response

Bankruptcy does not erase your credit history.  All  accounts you included in the bankruptcy were part of your history then and will remain so for a total mof 7 years after the bankruptcy was filed.  The bankruptcy, however, will have a negative effect on your credit score for ten years.

I suggest reading the articles on this site so you can learn more about credit because credit educatioin is what Credit Karma was created for.

javsj

All accounts were included in the bankruptcy and weres supposed to be closed.  That is why I don't understand why one account still shows credit available when it should have been closed.

I'm not saying my credit history should be erased.  I had excellent credit until major medical expenses screwed everything up, making bankruptcy the only option.