Question

smelloftherain0607

agency showing twice because has different accounts from same creditor
My credit report shows that I have 2 collections because a collection agency shows twice because they have 2 different accounts from the same creditor. Can I dispute it to show one collection?

not if you had two two seperate acccounts with the original creditor.  well, you can always dispute.. but it will likely come back verified.

Rdiaz30200

I have this same issue.  1 collection agnency for the same debt reporting 2 separate accounts. The 1st account is reporting the original balance due, the 2nd account is showing the original balance with additional fees. I have since reached out to collection angecy to verify the actual true balance so I can make the necessary arrangements to pay this off finally. I am not disputing the fact that I owe this debt but the correct one and if it is the one with the additional balances then shouldn't they correctly report that ONE account. So then I can make proper arrangements and agreements for that ONE accounts balance? Please advise.