Question

BriannaR

Age of credit: Is it best to keep renewing instead of paying a loan off allowing it to close?
Trying to understand this age of credit since it does impact my credit score, I have been paying off loans and sometimes open a new one. But does that start my "age" of credit over? should I just keep renewing the loan instead of paying it off allowing the acct to close? I want to make sure I am doing this right so it will impact my score positively

Constantly opening a new loan is not necessarily a good thing and can make you appear desperate. You're paying interest on it so that's wasted money. I would suggest opening a credit card, using no more than 30% of the limit, and pay it in full every month so no interest is charged to you. Lenders like to see a mix of accounts on your credit.Your credit age doesn't start over. All the loans show up on your credit. I don't know what yiur credit score is. As a rule, don't open a loan unless you need it. 

Your credit age doesn't start over. Your credit report will show the various loans, providing the lenders report them. I would avoid taking out loan after loan. Lenders like to see a variety of accounts on a credit report always paid on time. By taking out constant loans, you're paying interest and possibly appearing desperate to lenders that you need money and don't live within your means. I would suggest opening a credit card account. Use it wisely, use no more than 30% of the card limit. Pay it off every month on time, before interest accrues. I don't know what your credit score is. There are so many cards available which can offer you cash, reward points, or airline miles.