Question

PU0

age of credit history, I've 2 accounts: AMEX 1,3year and CITI 3 Months= 0,9 avg, should I open more?
My credit scores are 715 and 721.
I have excellent everywhere except:
- Age of credit history (0.9 year) - very poor
- Total accounts (2 (Amex 1,3years and Citi 3 months) - very poor

Based on their way to calculate the average of credit history, it seems to me that I should better open 1 or 2 cars every year, and get about 5 to 10 cards to meet all criteria. The sooner, the better based on those criteria, what do you think?

Thanks

Tough Question

This really depends on your plans for your financial future.  Are you looking to buy a house in the near future?  If so, I would avoid opening any new accounts until after you have your house.  New accounts can scare a lot of mortgage lenders.

Additionally, you should consider the immediate effect of opening new accounts.  New accounts foten have an immediate drop in score (not always) and then your score improves with positive payment history as the accounts age.

Some people farm credit.  Opening a new card or a few new cards every so often and then sit back and let them age.  There is a down side to this.  Think of it this way, you have to pay for each new card with points from your credit score.  Sort of as an investment.  I may invest 20 points of my score by opening two cards this year, in hopes of picking up 60 points in a few years when the cards age.  However, as I'm waiting for them to age, my score is lower.  So if I need a loan during that time I may not get approved or I may pay a higher interest rate than usual.

Sorry, there is no cookie cutter answer to your question without knowing your financial situation, plans, and credit profile.  I hope the information I provided can be of some help to you.