Question

tuflove

After my BK in 2010, my bank continued listing my credit card balance . Can I have this discharged?
When I declared bankruptcy in 2010, my bank kept my credit balance on my bank report. I have never paid any of this balance, and they haven't tried to collect on it. Can I have them remove this from my bank report, and cancel this debt? It was never done when I filed bankruptcy - is it too late now?

Sorry, bankruptcy does not erase history

Even though the accounts may have been included in bankruptcy, the account will shoiw in credit history for a total of 7 years because it is part of your credit history and future creditors will look back on the previous 7-10 years to make their decison on [granting credit.  The bankruptcy notice, however, will remain for 10 years.

For a better understanding of credit and how it works, I suggest reading the articles you will find under the resources title on the left side of this page.  Credit Karma's purpose is to teach people about credit so they can make good use of it.