Question

Jerryg0983

After declaring bankruptcy will a mortgage remain on my report?
My ex-wife receiced the house in the divorce, so I declared bankruptcy on the property.

Most Helpful Response

Depends on if you reaffirm or not

My BK discharged jan 2013 and I did not reaffirm my loan.  Benefit of this is I can walk away or do a short sale and not be subject to any deficiancy.  Bad thing is, it is no longer reporting and building up my score anymore.  Right after discharge it was still reporting, which was an error, so had to have my BK attorney send my mortgage company a letter to fix it.  Now, it is no longer reporting and shows as included in BK.