Question

Ruaca

After completing Ch 7 BK , How long do closed acct/missed payments remain?
The deragatory missed payments history on my accounts are from accounts that were listed in my Ch 7. I didn't wait until I was a few months behind to file, shouldn't that have been protected? I also noticed they are all set to be 7 years old in a few months. Will they drop off in 7 years anyhow, and if so, are the credit bureaus pretty on top of things that or do I need to follow up and make sure they drop off? Thanks in advance....

The individual accounts may fall off

At 7 years, But the filing of Chapter 7 will stay on your report for 10 years. As I understand it,  Sometimes the associated accounts will stay on your report as well, all depends on how the papaerwork was filed. 

A chapter 13 would automaticly fall off after 7 years.  

As far as when they fall off, It's pretty automatic with modern technology, But keep an eye on them to be sure. 

Hope that helps