Question

Mark13676

afni collection i owe them money
I got a letter from them stating that I owe them 62.53 from 8 years ago and that I need to pay it. it was originally from Verizon what do I do

Check the statute of Limitations for collections and find what it is for your state.  For the greater majority, the SOL on this debt has expired and it is not collectable.  In that case, just send them a letter saying the SOL on the debt has expired so the debt is uncollectable.  If they were to try to collect afterwards, contact your state's Attorney General's Office and file a comkplaiont with the consumer affairs division.