Question

Amrc1

Advice on my credit situation?
Hey y'all! I am hoping for some advice specific to my situation.

I hit hard times after my separation/pending divorce. My credit score went from the mid 700s to a 631.

Right now I have 3 open accounts in collections. They are not very much. Two are $106 each hospital bills. I didn't realize these were in my name originally. I thought they were in my exes name since the insurance was in his name. Oops. I have one $334 bill sent to collections from direct tv. I can pay all 3 of these off now. Should I go ahead and mail the payments? I read something on here about paying for deletion?? I don't know what that means though?

I have 5 accts closed by the creditors. 4/5 were paid off to the creditors last year. The other one I started making regular payments to and paid it off a few days ago.

I have one credit card paid down a couple days ago.

I have a mortgage loan with my ex. He pays the bill and will be refinancing in the future. It has only been late once (last month). I understand that this is still in my name too and effects my credit as well.

My payment history is an f (94%) because I've been late 2-4 times on each loan.

The only other thing I can think of that I don't see is a car payment I paid on time and paid off a couple years ago.

What should my next steps be in improving my score?

Go to www.credit.about.com and click on link "10 Things To Improve Credit".  Great website, no required sign ins, and tons of great info about everything credit related.  Best of luck!