Question

Skylily4ever

Advice on loans (bad credit)
Right now I have a 495 credit score. It's actually gone up the lady couple of months, and I'm trying to get everything paid down, but I'm currently in a bad situation where I have bills that need paid immediately.

I'm in the middle of a divorce. My ex had serious mental issues that racked up medical bills, and we ended up using our credit cards to help pay bills. Got them racked up, then he stopped going to work, threw us further into debt. I got a job, but it didn't help much. I currently have a restraining order on him. I've gone 6 months without child support, trying to raise 2 kids on my own. My family has helped all they can, but financially they don't have a ton of money.

I've applied for electric assistance and everything. But right now I really need to take care of a few bills that are due immediately. I already tried talking to my credit union, who I've been with for 8 years, but they denied me a small loan, even using my car as collateral. I've upped my hours at work, but that doesn't help me right now. So does anyone know where I could possibly get a loan, or some kind of assistance, until things get settled down?

Consumer finance companies will sometimes grant loans to people with bad credit but the interest rate and fees can be very high, so sometimes going that route may cause you more trouble than what it is worth. I am glad that you are working more hours, many people fail to do that. All you can do is all you can do, so just do your best and if you can't get things caught up right now then you just can't. Time and good choices will work things out eventually.