Question

Headlands

Advice for cash advance then transferring to a 0% promotion CC.
Hi all, I could use some good advice. I need to get a $10k cash advance for a cashier's cash -- it's a personal emergency. I'm thinking that the best way would be to get the cashier's check advance from my Wells Fargo CC (which is a 21% APR on cash advances), then immediately do a balance transfer to a brand new CC that has a 0% balance transfer promotion so that I have 15 months with no APR on that money, which would allow me to pay it back completely without any extra.

Do you feel that this is the best option? Including how it would affect my credit score? In doing it this way, would I avoid paying any of the 21% APR from Wells Fargo since I would be doing the balance transfer immediately after getting the cash advance?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You would nee do to get a card that will give you that kind of limit.  In general I think that is a good way of getting around paying lots of interest.  My experince from when I got a BT card it took about a month of it to go though.  When you do a cash advance you would be paying interest from the day you do it.  But if you have a emergency then you do what yu have to do....