Question

Kimbo1967

Advertised as pre app for personal loan. Said no hit to credit. Got denial and a hit!
Pre approval offer here on CK said it would not run nor hurt my credit. Gave me several options but I did not actually apply for any of these offers. Why did Prosper send me a denial, listing my credit score plus the usual verbiage when one is denied credit, about obtaining a copy. This is not right! Be careful, even if an offer says "no hard hit"...

Most Helpful Response

Did you actually received a hard inquiry on your report? I do that with Lending Club and couple others every so often, requesting high loan amount with low income, just so it would be declined, that's one way to get my FICO score and request full copy of credit report if I wanted. It always been an SP.

Kimbo1967

Thanks for your response.  Maybe it is just a soft pull?  I assumed that because it had my credit score and looked like a regular decline letter, that it had given me a hit.  Will look into further.  Thanks again!