Question

mcolomb50

addresses of accounts I no longer use
I have noticed on my credit report there are a lot of accounts that are open that I have not used. How do I close those accounts. Where can I get correct addresses to do this?

Most Helpful Response

Leave the accounts Open

Closing these accounts will hurtyour credit score.  It will decrease the average age of credit as well as the number of accounts you have open.  These are both positive factors that count towards your score.

I was wondering the same thing.  I have nine credit card accounts plus one debit card.  Three of these cards have a zero balance and have not been used in years. I have five acitive credit cards, one or two that I use more than the others, and I have one Macy's card that I hardly ever use.  I have excellent credit and have been offered the best credit cards, but I don't think it is good to open yet another credit card account when I have so many open ones.  Is it better to not accept any new credit cards, no matter how good the offer and leave the old credit cards open so as to avoid the negative impact on my credit score, or should I close the old ones I don't use and acquire a really good one that could save me money and gain me rewards and other advantages?