Question

red62114

Address on credit report that isn't mine?
There is an address on my credit report that isn't mine. I have never lived on that street. The rest of my report is correct, but the address isn't. How do I remove it?

Most Helpful Response

freezing account

How can I freeze my account? There is an address reported on my account that I have never heard of before, 3313 Goldenrod St, N. Charleston, SC 29405, I dont anyone that has lived there so I am not sure why I have it on my Credit Report........

Address on credit report that isn't mine

Address correction is a fairly common problem appearing on credit reports.  Just write to each of the 3 credit bureaus and inform them of the inaccurate information.  

However, you MAY wish to closely examine your report to make certain there are no fraudulent accounts appearing (even if they are in good standing) and you also may want to put a temporary freeze on your account as incorrect addresses are sometimes a sign of Identity theft.

if you need further assistance, please click on my profile name for further contact info.

Sincerely,

Joe