Question

Posted in Banking

jeccak03

Added to a bank account, now in collections on MY credit!
My aunt added me to her bank account so that I could receive an electronic payment from something. Turns out she let charges rack up to over 500 dollars, and it has been reported on my credit. Are they allowed to do this? I was not issued a debit card for the account, never had statements sent to me, or had my name on the statements she recieved.

Contact your aunt's bank and tell them to take you off the account.  That should take care of the problem.  If not, dispute with the bureaus and tell them you are not an authorized user (or whatever it is showing) on the account.