Question

debbie8235

added my husband to my credit card with zero interest- too high of debt for his credit- should i ge
I have an American Express Card with a zero interest rate- for 18 months. I ordered and gave my husband an authorized card to use. I checked his credit yesterday and it is showing that he has a high balance of debt to available credit which is hurting his credit . It is okay for me because my credit ratio to debt is better than his. However, it has also helped his credit because it has given him some credit that he did not have. If I move some of this debt to another credit card not having him as an authorized user will that help his credit?

Yes, reducing the credit utilization on the account that he is an authorized user on will help his credit, BUT if he is not needing to apply for credit for anything, I would be hesitant to move balances from a zero percent card to one that charges interest.