Question

jvizzle1523

actual credit score
I check credit Karma every week and my current score on here is excellent with a 770 and 790. I go to the bank to transfer a car loan for a lower rate and they pull my credit and tell me it is a 645 which was insulting believing I had an excellent high 700s. Why is my credit score 150 points different and based on this, credit Karma does not seem helpful at all if my credit score is far from accurate.

Do you realize that you actually have

many different scores.  There are over 300 credit scoring agencies in the US today. Not just the big 3 and FICO.  Everytime you use a credit card or make a payment your score changes, The scores we see here tend be aggragated over time, averaging your score based on what is in your report when it was pulled. 

Most big banks and lenders use in-house scoring algorithiums.  These tend to be more stringent than the ones we see on CK and other sites.  Why? becuase CK and most other credit monitoring sites are financed by the credit card companies and the lenders advertised on them.  i.e., The higher your scores the more likely you are to click on that credit app = more income for the site.

It's best to monitor you credit using multiple sites rather than just one. Also Check your real credit report at least 2 or 3 times a year using AnnualCreditReport .com.

I pull one of my actual credit reports ever 4 months or so just to be sure the info on the other sites is still correct.

Hope that helps

As explained in the articles here, there is no single, absolute credit score because there are numerous ways of calculating it.  AND, Credit Karma is not a credit bureau but is here to TEACH how credit works, so the information here is just for education only to see how certain transactions may affect your score.