Question

kgraydon138

Acct sold to another collector,who do I pay?
I have an acct listed on my report under AFNI, I recently sent a PFD letter and had no response, a week later it was taken off my experian but not my transunion. I then started getting calls from Stellar recovery who said they bought the acct and that if i pay now they will not submit it to the credit agencies. Do I need to send a PFD to stellar? NO CA is listing the debt as being owned by Stellar yet. I'd like to take care of this quickly

I never accepted the word of a telephone collector, but demanded all communications be in writing (your right under FDCPA).  Only after getting it in writing will you send a PFD letter.  They don't have to agree to do so, but they are the ones who now own the account and are to be paid.