Question

Kaia313

Accounts that were in my bankruptcy are showing as OPEN, 0 balance. WHY? Is this hurting me?
I know this has been asked a few times but I couldnt find a solid answer of Why and If its a negative. The accounts were discharged in my BK but are still showing as open, with a 0$ balance, no payment history and "something bankruptcy" in comments. So, is this information hurting my score? Why would they continue to show as open.

It probably is not hurting anything since there is a zero balance, but if it would make you feel better you could contact the credit bureaus and ask them to mark the accounts as closed. When the update occurs you might expect a score drop as these negative accounts have not updated for a while. All in all though you want your credit reports to be correct with accurate information.