Question

JOHNINGA

accounts seized
I had my bank accounts and my Soc Sec. checks taken by NY State for child support arrears. I have been paying for years but they said they took my accounts and my only income because "they could"... I have COPD and Emphysema so a job is difficult to find with me on oxygen 24/7.
By Nov. I should be done with them and I have told this to my creditors and I will begin paying again as I have always done. Am I doomed???

Most Helpful Response

Doomed is a little overkill. With good management of your credit you should be able to revive your score after you pay off the child support and begin paying down your debt. Try your best to avoid creating more debt to sustain your life and eventually you will see a trend into positive territory.

Good Luck!

Are you on disability?

It sounds very much like you are of working age but, due to the lung issues, are now on disability. I think it might be against the law for the state to seize all your funds just for that reason.  Check with  legal aid or contact Disabled Services for assistance or leads. 

Hope this helps.

JOHNINGA