Question

BrazilBill

Accounts not on reports, but receive letters.
I have 4 accounts that I have received letters for old debt, one as old as 12 years. Can they ever be added to my credit report? I do not even see them as being closed being that old.

Anything that is past the Statute of Limitations for Collections is uncollectable.  Do a search for this because the SOL in each state is different. If the SOL has expired in your state you can just throw  the letters in the trash or mark pn them return to sender,sol expired.

If the SOL has not expired, you may be able to negotiate a "pay for delete" agreement with the collector, but you must do this in writing.  T ha t topic is covered in the articles on ths site. .