Question

stanfordj

Accounts in collection
I am in a position to pay off my accounts in collection...I just don't know how to go about contacting the companies responsible for the collection. What can I do???

Try to negotiate a "pay for delete". Simply ask if that if you pay off the debt; would they be so kind as to remove it from your file. This is legal and it can be done; although a creditor doesn't have to comply with your offer. Be kind and persistant try not to take "no" for an answer. Ask to speak to a manager, let them know that you are trying to fix your credit. It's a 50/50 chance that they will agree. If not then you can still just pay off the debt and be don't with the collections..... Good luck my friend.