Question

JennyAK

Accounts being removed from my credit
from what date do I look at on my credit report to determine if I can have it removed from my report? I don't know if it is 7 years or 10 years from what date - date filed, date closed......???? I know after a certain length of time accounts should fall off my report and if they haven't then I can request it, but I don't know what date I should look at and how long they legally have to stay on.....

Credit Report Items

Trade lines drop off your report 7 years after the month the account first went delinquent and payments stopped. Any payment you make or made thereafter restarts that 7 year clock.

JennyAK

How can I tell when the 7 year clock started? Where am I looking? I know there are things on my report that should have fallen off but before I go to the reporting agencies I want to verify myself.  Thanks for the help.