Question

MrAwesome1023

Account was removed from collections but still shows under open accounts/derogotary accounts.
I have an account that was in collections. Credit Karma notified me to let me know it was removed. I checked, and sure enough it is no longer in my open collections. However, when viewing the full credit report there is a button for Past Due accounts that it shows up in and it shows up as sent for collections. It also shows in my open accounts where my student loans, car loans, etc.. show up. What is up with this?

how do you file a request to have thi

How do you file a request to have things removed from your report?

Closed account

Many of that type of report stay on a time lapsed bases. Also, you can file for a request to have it removed.

old collections

How do you file a request to have a closed account removed?

TD bank

Car loan was paid off bought new car why is TD Bank still shows on my credit report as not paid . That needs to be taken into account

Not Alone

Same thing happened to me with a 2011 past due medical bill. It was in collections since March 2011 and Transunion says it's no longer a collection but now it shows up as past due on the credit report. What happened here?

Same

Exact same thing happened to me this month. Had 4 collections removed all less then 7 year mark and now in open accounts. Score went up, but I am worried something is wrong.

Same Here

I'm glad I've found others in the same boat.  It's been stressing me out and has negatively affected my score.  Is this an attempt to re-age the debt?  If so, that's not legal.

Help anyone?

Old collections

File a request to have them removed.

Old Accounts

Old accounts from12 or 13 years ago are still on my report. I thought they come off after 7 years. What happened??

Kallisto80

They are supposed to but sometimes they do not. I found two on mine. I know sometimes if they are revolving, that will do it. I am personally in the process of disputing mine. If you file a dispute and option will appear that states they have been on there too long on the dispute form. Dispute them and they will more than likely be removed.

Me, too

I have the same question - exactly the same thing happened on my account.