Question

christina9779

Account was hacked, what do I do next after reporting this?
Hello,
Recently there has been account leaks at Target stores and my account happened to be one of them. I reported this to my bank last night after noticing an unauthorized activity on 12/19/2013 stating that I spent 200.00 on this account, but I spent 239.72 for my geico insurance, on that same day. They have issued me a new card and there will be an investigation going on with this.
I had notified my bank regarding this, what do I do next?

Most Helpful Response

Now you have to keep a close watch on monthly Target statements to make sure no unauthorized charges have been made.  And, annually, do a thorough check of all three credit reports to make sure only the correct information is on there.  Go to annualcreditreport.com to get these.  Please read the articles on this site for additioinal helpful information for making sure your credit is secure.