Question

rgb56

Account in collections
I filed a chapter 13 in 2010 had to make payment for 5 years but I paid it off this past Jan. One of my credit cards was with HSBC. They sold it to a third party in 2010 . Can the 3rd party keep it in collection even though it was part of my bankruptcy and my bankruptcy has been discharged on Jan 2014. Thank for any help. RGB

If you paid off HSBC

Then they had no right to sell the account to a third party and still collect on the account.

Write a validation letter to the CRA asking them to validate the account. Send any copies you have of any settlement or final payment you made with HSBC.    find a template for this kind of letter on line, just google it. 

Good Luck