Question

AndreaWH

Account in collection was disputed...
I had a collection account on my report that I disputed and it was closed and moved to closed section in Credit Karma....a couple of weeks later it is gone off of closed tab and is now back under open. What happened? I received no explanation. Can I dispute it once again?

Most Helpful Response

What is actually on your credit report, not what CK says? At times the Credit Bureaus do known to temporary remove the account(s) in dispute during their investigation. Because of it? Mortgage underwriters usually will put one's application on hold while they have unresolved/undetermined disputes with Credit Bureaus.

AndreaWH

JohnnyRain1, you mean when I am logged in to Credit Karma and I click on "Credit Report" on the left hand side of my monitor?

JohnnyRain127

Yeah, then goto each individual report, click on "clloection" or thru "full report". At times people mixed it up with what's actually in their credit report as oppose to what CK's summarization of one's credit activities. When you filed dispute? You can check its progress with the bureau you disputed with, even if you didn't dispute anything, I use "dispute" as another to see mine current up to date's report, same process as normally dispute, just stop short of actually filling/send it.

I'm sorry, they are under the "removed" tab, not the "closed" tab.