Question

Uh0h

Accidentally applied twice for Fingerhut and denied. Can I get one of those inquiries removed?
In September of last year, I applied for a Fingerhut account and the webpage showing the result of whether I was denied or not didn't load. I was new to this credit thing, and didn't understand that applying for new credit dings your credit score with hard inquiries, so like an idiot, instead of calling them, I reapplied. Looking at my Transunion credit report, it looks like these two inquiries were counted as two separate hard inquiries, even though they were made on the same day. This isn't the case with my Experian and Equifax reports, which only show one inquiry. All together, I currently have 5 hard inquiries on my Transunion report. I would like to try applying for new credit -- the last credit card I applied for was Fingerhut again, two months ago, but this time my application was accepted-- but I'm worried that 5 inquiries will deter me from obtaining better credit. Do you think it would be worth it to have that extra inquiry removed? Is it even possible to have it removed? Thanks!

I tried and got a standard" Inquiries are a matter of something or nother" hence they would not remove mine and I did not even remember applying.