Question

Joserib123

About to pay off a collection agency but they don't report to credit bureau?
Hello, I'm about to pay off a collection agency in full, they are providing me with paperwork proof that I have paid them off however, they do not report to the credit bureau, is it up to me to send in the proof and a letter asking them to please remove it from my credit report?

If the collection company has an account on your reports, they HAVE TO update it as paid when it is paid. I am not sure if you are confused or the collection company is, but what you are saying here does not make sense. I would dispute the account, hoping that they somehow don't deal with the credit bureaus anymore and will be unable to respond and then it would get removed. Or, call them again, ask for a supervisor and try to get a "pay for delete agreement" so do some reading on that.