Question

Meowler

About the 30 percent rule.
Since my credit card reports at the end of my statement closing date. Can I go over 30 percent but bring my utilization back down to 10 with out hurting my credit score?

What about nearly maxing out the card then bringing it down to 10% before it reports.

Most Helpful Response

It only matters what is reported, so it doesn't matter if you almost max it out as long as that amount is not reported. The good news is that any damage from high utilization is not permanent and you can correct it the following month if a high utilization gets reported.